Keokuk Downtown Properties, LLC (KDP), under the umbrella of Main Street Keokuk, Inc., is proud to unveil its first renovation and re-purpose project located within Keokuk’s historic Main Street and Cultural and Entertainment districts: Eagles on Blondeau at 407 Blondeau St., Keokuk, Iowa, 52632.
The red brick portion of the building was built in 1925 with the blonde brick and terra cotta front added a few years later. The building was used by the Keokuk Aerie No. 683, Fraternal Order of Eagles, until the early 1990s when the FOE sold the property. The lodge then housed a variety of commercial ventures before being abandoned. Left to the elements, the building remained vacant and continued to deteriorate.
In 2011 the building was purchased by KDP and plans were launched for funding a complete rehabilitation project. Numerous private and public funding sources came together to finance the $1.7-$1.83 million mixed-use project.